• Basic barn tasks such as feeding/watering, cleaning stalls, turning out horses, herd health management, etc.;
• Assisting Resident Veterinarian in all aspects, including mare palps, pregnancy scans, and inseminations;
• Driving to pick up or deliver semen shipments to/from outside farms or airport;
• Assisting mares during foaling and providing initial care to newborn foals;
• Assisting with stallion semen collections in the breeding shed;
• Property upkeep such as weed-whacking, weeding flower beds, and light maintenance;
• Performing general cleaning and various upkeep tasks around the barn;
• 18+ years of age
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation
• Experience with horses
• Ability to stand, kneel, squat, and walk for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift upwards of 50lbs
• Experience or interest in handling or working with stallions is a plus!
• Some weekends and holiday work will be required.
7am to 4pm, 6 days per week in January to July, and 5 days per week July to December. Weekends and some holidays required.
Please email your resume and references to [email protected] with “Barn Staff” in the subject line. We will reply with a questionnaire of your experience and interests.