Foaling/Breeding Internship: January 2019-July 2019
Summer Internship: May 2019-August 2019
Responsibilities, included but not limited to:
• Foaling out mares and providing initial care to newborn foals;
• Herd Health
• Assisting resident vet in all aspects, including palping mares, pregnancy checks, breeding;
• Assisting in the breeding shed, including holding tease mares, lab set-‐up and cleanup;
• Driving to pick up/deliver semen shipments to outside farms, airport, etc.;
• Other basic barn tasks, i.e. feeding/watering, stall cleaning, grooming, turning out etc.
• 18+ years of age
• Valid Driver’s License,
• Ability to stand, kneel, and/or squat for extended periods of time and ability to lift upwards of 30 lbs.
• Enrolled in or graduated from an equine-‐related program,
• Interest to remain in the equine industry,
Our interns will be provided with housing, including utilities, and $400 salary per week.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and references to [email protected] with “Internship” in the subject line. We will reply with a questionnaire of your experience and interests.