Exciting opportunity for college students looking to break into the equine industry!
Foaling Internship: January 2018-July 2018
Responsibilities, included but not limited to:
- Foaling out mares and providing initial care to newborn foals;
- Herd Health;
- Assisting resident vet in all aspects, including palping mares, pregnancy checks, breeding;
- Assisting in the breeding shed, including holding tease mares, lab set--up and cleanup;
- Driving to pick up/deliver semen shipments to outside farms, airport, etc.;
- Other basic barn tasks, i.e. feeding/watering, stall cleaning, grooming, turning out etc.
- 18+ years of age
- Valid Driver’s License,
- Ability to stand, kneel, and/or squat for extended periods of time and ability to lift upwards of 30 lbs.
- Enrolled in or graduated from an equine--related program,
- Interest to remain in the equine industry,
Our interns will be provided with housing, including utilities, and $275 salary per week.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and references to Dr. Pink at [email protected] . Qualified candidates will receive a reply email with questions regarding his/her experience and interests.